Savory Pumpkin Cornbread
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 cup cornmeal
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/4 cup canola oil
2 tbsp honey
1/4 cup buttermilk
(skim buttermilk works and was used in the nutrition analysis, but bread will be moister and richer with fattier buttermilk)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and grease an 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine all dry ingredients with a whisk.
3. Combine all wet ingredients with a whisk.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients. DO NOT OVER MIX. Only mix ingredients until combined and that there are no dry pieces in the batter. Over mixing will create a dense dough.
5. Pour into pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean and top is golden brown.
6. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Serve with chili or with a drizzle of honey. Enjoy!!
Check out my BLOG POST on this recipe!